Self-Edited: Vinessa Erminio's Blog

Abort, retry, fail


I'm writing this post from my small emergency backup laptop ("Zippy") because my large main laptop ("Earnest") appears to have bitten the dust. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - my first two laptops only lasted about two years each, and this one managed to make it past three. I should have realized it was living on borrowed time.

I'm hoping I can recover some of the laptop's files - despite two previous laptop hard drive failures, I still haven't learned my lesson, so I only had some of the data backed up beforehand. When I ran a CHKDSK, it indicated that the hard drive has "one or more unrecoverable errors," which quickly brought two thoughts to mind:

1. Oh, crap.

2. "Unrecoverable Errors" would be an excellent title for Bush's memoirs.

Labels:

posted by Vinessa @ 9:42 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

Subscribe
ABOUT ME:

    Vinessa is roughly 30 years old and lives roughly 10 miles from New York City. She loves reading, writing, cooking, travel, and the Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants. She hates turnips, high heels, not being permitted to pump her own gas, and people who refer to themselves in the third person.

    View profile
TWITTER UPDATES:

follow me on Twitter

BLOG ARCHIVES

BLOG CATEGORIES



SITES I LIKE

BLOGS I READ