Self-Edited: Vinessa Erminio's Blog

A time to blog, a time to lose a 23-point lead


So I'm flipping through the channels, looking for something to get the bad taste of UConn's International Bowl win out of my mouth. I stumble upon the Rutgers/Tennessee women's basketball game - on CBS, no less! The original, Channel 2 CBS! - and lo and behold, the Scarlet Knights have a big lead deep into the second half. Against Tennessee, a team I cannot recall us ever defeating in the Stringer era.

So I put the remote down and proceeded to witness what was probably the worst collapse in college basketball history. Or at least, one of the worst. Rutgers, which had led by as much as 23 at one point, went on to lose, 55-51.

Screw this. I'm going to go back to reading my novel.

Welcome to the blog, by the way. So far I haven't decided exactly what the focus of this blog will be, but if this first post is any indication, there will be lots of griping about sports and sentences beginning with "so" and "or." My high school English teachers would be so proud.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Vinessa @ 4:21 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

Subscribe
ABOUT ME:

    Vinessa is roughly 30 years old and lives roughly 10 miles from New York City. She loves reading, writing, cooking, travel, and the Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants. She hates turnips, high heels, not being permitted to pump her own gas, and people who refer to themselves in the third person.

    View profile
TWITTER UPDATES:

follow me on Twitter

BLOG ARCHIVES

BLOG CATEGORIES



SITES I LIKE

BLOGS I READ