Self-Edited: Vinessa Erminio's Blog

How I Spent My Extra 10 Bucks: Week 1


Last week, a new federal tax credit kicked in, resulting in an extra $10 per week in the paychecks of about 95% of the U.S. workforce. Consumers are encouraged to spend the extra cash in order to stimulate the economy. Since I happen to be a) a part of this illustrious 95%; b) paid on a weekly basis; and c) looking for a blog gimmick, I thought I'd share the fruits of my weekly windfall with you, gentle reader. You get to learn more about me and my spending habits (until you grow bored after realizing what a dull person I really am), and I get to brush up on my writing skills. It's a win-win! At least until I run out of ideas by Week 8 or so. But until then, here goes.

This week's choice was an easy one. I happen to love Easter candy -
Gertrude Hawk Easter candy in particular. According to my latest test results, my blood is 4.3% Peanut Butter Smidgen filling. It's good stuff.

I also happen to know at least one person with a child, which means I've been solicited for every conceivable school fundraiser in the tri-state area. Candles! Gift wrap! Cheesecake! Oranges! ....Oranges? And Easter candy. Glorious Gertrude Hawk Easter candy. So I gladly signed away $10 of my precious stimulus money for some delicious Almond Butter Crunch.



I won't reveal when this picture was taken, but I've already finished all of the candy. Happy Easter/Passover/2nd Weekend of April to all!

Labels:

posted by Vinessa @ 10:31 PM,

1 Comments:
Blogger Sylvana on April 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM said:

Thanks for stimulating the economy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

Subscribe
ABOUT ME:

    Vinessa is roughly 30 years old and lives roughly 10 miles from New York City. She loves reading, writing, cooking, travel, and the Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants. She hates turnips, high heels, not being permitted to pump her own gas, and people who refer to themselves in the third person.

    View profile
TWITTER UPDATES:

follow me on Twitter

BLOG ARCHIVES

BLOG CATEGORIES



SITES I LIKE

BLOGS I READ