Self-Edited: Vinessa Erminio's Blog

How I Spent My Extra 10 Bucks: Week 2


My local library is awesome. It's big, it's well-stocked, it's actually open past sundown several days per week, and it's part of a huge cooperative so my card is good for lending at nearly every other public library in the surrounding area. It also sponsors fun bus trips to Broadway shows (a time-honored tradition throughout the north Jersey suburbs). My one complaint is that its book renewals max out at eight weeks, which isn't nearly long enough for a slow reader like me. Then again, maybe if I didn't check out 10 books at a time, that wouldn't be such an issue...


Anyway, as a librarian, a library patron, and an English major, I figured a $10 donation was the least I could do to support a place, a concept, and a career choice that is quite awesome indeed. And I also didn't want to fall into a pattern where I end up spending my $10 on food every week. (Speaking of which, libraries have awesome cookbook collections! Check it out!) Viva la biblioteca!

Labels: ,

posted by Vinessa @ 8:55 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

Subscribe
ABOUT ME:

    Vinessa is roughly 30 years old and lives roughly 10 miles from New York City. She loves reading, writing, cooking, travel, and the Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants. She hates turnips, high heels, not being permitted to pump her own gas, and people who refer to themselves in the third person.

    View profile
TWITTER UPDATES:

follow me on Twitter

BLOG ARCHIVES

BLOG CATEGORIES



SITES I LIKE

BLOGS I READ